Because software solutions are deployed via the internet, you obtain on-demand access to the applications (including a wide variety of commercial software) you need most. Your software is managed from a central location and delivered to your “doorstep” virtually. Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) allow convenient integration between programs. Software patches and upgrades are completed remotely, freeing up your valuable time allowing you to focus more on your business.
When should you Consider SaaS?
- You need more than just an undifferentiated solution (where everyone uses the same “generic” software to fulfill a certain function)
- Applications require interaction between your organisation and the outside world.
- Demand for the software you require undergoes significant spikes
- You require a significant amount of mobile or web access
- You have short-term software needs
When SaaS May Not be the Best Option
- When regulations do not permit certain applications to be hosted externally
- If an existing solution already fulfils your application needs
- Where extremely-rapid, real-time data processing is a necessity